If you're repping #TeamNoSleep, good chances you've got dark circles also known as eye bags. This discoloration can also be attributed to genes, aging, eye strain from electronics and stress. Dark circles are not necessarily dangerous; however they can be an indicator of your physical health. The good news is that you can use natural remedies to help lighten dark circles to the point of invisibility. These remedies are easy, quick and effectively revive under eyes!
Top 6 Remedies To Lighten Under Eyes
Potatoes are one of nature's most effective bleaching agents, next to lemons. This is due to the fact that they contain an enzyme called catecholase which works to help fade discoloration. Just like a toner works to even out skin tone, potatoes work in the same way as the enzymes are activated with oxygen once exposed. They are also packed with loads of Vitamin C, having as much as 45% of the recommended daily value.
- Cut 1-2 chilled potatoes
- Grate potatoes into a fine texture
- Extract juice and apply with cotton round
- Leave cotton round on eye 10-20 minutes (depending on how deep circles are)
This sweet smelling oil is a great multi-tasking ingredient. It can be used for hair, skin and nails to help nurture and moisturize. For starters it contains Vitamin E and niacinamide (anti-aging ingredient) which are both proven to lighten skin and hyper pigmentation. It also contains Vitamin K, which is known to improve discoloration.
- Massage (2-3 drops) Pure Unfiltered Almond Oil in circular motions
- Leave onto skin overnight for best results
- Rinse with cool water in the morning
This ingredient is rich in lycopense, which is known to protect from sun damage and treat hyper pigmentation. It is a rich source of Vitamin C which is known to lighten and brighten skin as it tightens. It also contains high amounts of Vitamin A which is the most effective anti-aging ingredient that works to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Cut chilled tomato into thin to medium slices
- Place over eyes for 15-20 minutes
- Massage excess juice into circles
- Rinse with cool water
Lemons are one of the nature's most powerful bleaching agents due to the high Vitamin C content. The citric acid works to help lighten and tighten the skin surrounding the under eye area dramatically.
- Cut chilled lemons
- Squeeze lemon juice into small bowl
- Moisten cotton ball and apply to under eye area
- Leave on skin for 10-15 minutes
- Wash off excess juice with cool water
This ingredient is known for its anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling as it softens skin. In addition it is perfect for sensitive skin due to the texture and nutrients that sooth the surface of skin.
- Dab and massage approx. 1/2 Teaspoon of Raw Unfiltered Honey
- Leave product for about 15-20 minutes
- Wash away excess with warm wash cloth
The tingling sensation of this ingredient contract blood vessels within this area to help dark circles fade. The natural properties of mint have a high level of Vitamin C which is known as a brightening agent. As the tingling occurs, the expansion of blood vessels causes This constriction causes the the dark tint from the under eyes to become less prominent. This soothing process allows eyes to relax from the stress of eye strain. In addition, mint leaves contain antibacterial properties that neutralize the surface of skin from potential toxins that can build up.
- Grate handful of pure mint leaves (i.e. Spearmint or Peppermint)
- Add 1/2 Teaspoon Purified Water
- Apply mixture under eyes for 15 minutes
- Wash away excess with lukewarm wash cloth