Acne is probably one of the most dreaded skin problems and is a common occurrence in both men and women. If you have come across acne breakouts and are actively seeking remedies for acne scar removal, here are a few options that can be used to treat this annoying skin predicament:
Lasers are used extensively to treat acne scars since they are considered an optimal solution for getting rid of stubborn scars and marks. Lasers are a non-evasive treatment and are ideal if you’re looking for a permanent solution to scarring. Most importantly, the procedure does not require anesthesia of any sort. It’s simple, quick and has long-lasting effects. The following procedures are available for acne scar removal:
- Fraxel laser
- Carbon dioxide laser
- Fractional laser treatment
There are a number of home remedies available for combating acne scars, which will save you a lot of money that you’d otherwise spend on dermatologist tested products. Apple cider vinegar is rich in lactic acid that can be used to remove acne scars. Lactic acid peels are also beneficial when it comes to improving the skin texture, appearance and pigmentation.
Use of alpha hydroxy acid on the skin also helps remove dead skin and inhibit clogged pores. With the help of this acid, you can effectively dim your acne scars, making them less noticeable. However, a permanent removal is unlikely.
Sunscreen is readily available in all homes, and the simplest home remedy for acne scar removal is to apply sunscreen on the scars on a daily basis. Prolonged exposure to the sun makes acne scars noticeable to the naked eye, so don’t let them get any worse! Try using the Elta MD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF-46, an oil-free solution for acne-prone patients.
There are numerous products available in the market to treat acne scarring, a few of which have been identified below:
- SkinCeuticals Advanced Pigment Corrector – This formula has been prepared with salicylic acid which enables skin exfoliation. It also consists of hydroxyphenoxy propionic acid, which mitigates the production of melanin and prevents hyperpigmentation.
- Vasanti Brighten Up! – Regularly exfoliate your skin using this face rejuvenator which mitigates dead skin cells and allows the skin to grow, glow and proliferate.
- Verso Dark Spot Fix (with Retinol 8) – Retinol can be used to treat all scars, acne included, without any irritation or side effects.
- iS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum – It has been equipped with antioxidants that restore and heal the skin, thereby allowing the skin to get rid of acne scars. Ascorbic acid provides the skin with ample vitamin C to heal itself, while aurbtin inhibits hyperpigmentation.
- Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum – This serum has been powered with hydroquinone and glycolic acid, both of which brighten up your otherwise dull skin by getting rid of dead skin and allowing you to look a few years younger.
If you are looking for clinical treatments for acne scar removal, you may use collagen fillers or micro needling or opt for an in-office surgery. These are other potential options available in the market but more on the higher end of the price spectrum.