Implementing an anti-aging regime is crucial because it builds the foundation of the health of skin for the long haul. It’s not so much about applying as many products possible; but, rather applying the right combination of ingredients to boost each’s natural properties. What if I told you that the very ingredients that could restore your skin, are in your kitchen? That’s right there are a plethora of foods packed with anti-oxidants to boost skin turnover! Vitamins such as as A and C are known for their collagen boosting properties and retinols and can be found in the very foods you eat everyday!
Here is a simple, effective and cost-efficient DIY facial scrub to aid in your anti-aging efforts!
What You’ll Need
- 3 TSP. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Crushed Blueberries
- 1/2 TSP Lemon Juice
- 1 TBL Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 TSP. Raw Unfiltered Honey
- Blueberries: This super fruit is packed with antioxidants such as Vitamins A, E know for their intense moisturizing properties. As we age, fine lines become more visible due to the lack of moisturize that would typically give us a fuller and dewy like appearance. They are also full of Omega-3’s which also aid in the diminishing of wrinkles.
- Lemon Juice: Citrus is known for its brightening properties that can reverse the appearance of age spots that tend to form over time. It is pretty much dubbed as nature’s bleach!
- Brown Sugar: This gives the scrub the exfoliating properties to gently scrub away dead skin cells that give skin a sallow like appearance. By lifting this layer of dead skin, you’ll be surprised to see the glowing complexion that’s been hiding underneath!
- Greek Yogurt: This variety of yogurt is considerably thicker than your traditional variety; which, makes it great for creating a base that will adhere to the surface of your skin. Milk products contain lactic acid which are is known as a type of alpha hydroxy acid. These AHA increase the production of collagen and elastin. These hormones essentially act as body’s glue that keeps everything in place. As we age, the production slows to a near standstill leading to deep wrinkles.
- Honey: Not only does this ingredient taste amazing, it contains anti-inflammatory properties! This in turn reduces the look of puffy skin and promotes luminosity in the texture of skin!
How To Make Facial Scrub
Combine ingredients in small bowl (order doesn’t matter, because you’ll be mixing). Mix until you see a paste like substance begin to form ( you can add more or less depending on the consistency you’re trying to achieve)
Set on skin with hands or facial brush. Allow to sit on face for 20 min.
Wash skin with warm water
Volia! You’ve just made a simple anti-aging mask that will restore the the look of more youthful and supple skin over time!
Note: Use 1-2 times per week. Best to use at night before you cleanse skin with water/oil based cleanser